Tools and materials are in the wrong place or several areas. Imagine that you have a warehouse of 200,000 such items and are constantly looking for something. The warehouse inventory is an activity for several days with considerable staffing.
In LEAN lifts with, let’s say, 200k SKUs, inventory management is highly complex and time-consuming. Additionally, the management of its stored goods requires close attention.
Spare parts and tools kept in the LEAN lifts are critical in production.
- Antra ID equips every equipment, tool, and spare part with RFID tags containing the items’ IDs. Additionally, Antra ID installs fixed RFID antennas in the LEAN lifts together with the controllers.
- Whenever a lift tray arrives at the gate, the antennas capture the data of the items on the tray, supporting an automatic, continuous warehouse inventory.
- The physical layer is linked to Antra ID’s proprietary, web-based MDC software platform, which feeds the data to a complex WMS that the Company provides.
- The data can be read by a dedicated RFID system (controllers, antennas, desktop RFID readers, handheld terminals), enabling automated identification at predefined places.
- A manual inventory process follows automated inventory.
It can reduce the time of the stock-taking process from 180 to 8 men days, resulting in a 22-fold efficiency increase.
We have an automated stock-taking process with a 98% hit rate.